Bring your four-legged best friend and enjoy nature together!
Pets are welcome at state parks and campgrounds. They should be leashed (no longer than six feet) and accompanied by the owner at all times. Some dog-friendly cabins are available. Pets are not allowed in state park and historic site buildings, lodges, yurts, group camps, swimming areas, or some trails at Panola Mountain and Tallulah Gorge. Kennels are not available. Owners should clean up after pets.
Reserving Your Cottage:
- You must request a dog-friendly cottage prior to arrival. Reservations are strongly encouraged.
- A fee of $50 per dog (limit 2) will be collected at check-in and covers the duration of your stay.
- A maximum of two dogs per cottage is allowed, regardless of size.
- Do not leave pets unattended at any time, either in the cottage, your vehicle or the park.
- Dogs must be kept on a 6-foot leash at all times when not inside cottages.
- Dogs may not be tied up to trees, fences or anchored to the ground.
- Guests are required to clean up after their dogs.
- Dogs may not be taken into cottages that are not designated “dog-friendly.”
Department of Natural Resources Service Animal Policy:
Georgia State Parks welcomes visitors with service animals. Service animals are “dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities,” according to the Revised Americans with Disabilities Act Service Animal Requirements.
Our Pet Policy applies to service animals with the following exemptions:
- Service animals in a working capacity are allowed in all areas of the park and overnight accommodations when accompanied by a visitor with a disability; and,
- Service animals should be harnessed, leashed or tethered unless such devices interfere with the service animal’s work, or if the visitor’s disability prevents the use of these devices. In that case, the visitor must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal or other effective controls.
- Guests will be asked to vacate their cottage if their dogs disturb other guests.
- Park management reserves the right to prohibit any dogs on the premises that may pose a risk to guests or staff, or has a history of causing trouble.
- Extra fees will be assessed when extra cleaning is required or if there is damage to the cottage or fixtures. Park management will assess damage fees based on materials and labor required to make necessary repairs.
- Kennels are NOT provided. Do not leave pets unattended in vehicles.