The state of Georgia is known as the “Peach State.”
As early as 1571, Georgia produces a significant amount peaches, hence the name. Peaches are not only a popular fruit, but also symbolic in many cultural traditions, such as in art, and paintings. And let’s face it – peach pie is pretty much the best way to consume this pitted perfection of nature. So, use the recipe below and get ready for the best peach pie ever!
- Pie Crusts: Make your own or use store-bought.
- Fresh Peaches
- White Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- All-purpose Flour
- 2 Lemon Juice
- Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- Peel and slice peaches.
- Place them in a colander to drain the excess juice for 30 minutes.
- Place the bottom pie crust in your pie pan.
- Refrigerate until you’re ready to add your filling.
- Whisk together granulated sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add peaches to the dry ingredients on top and toss them together.
- Add the lemon juice and vanilla extract and mix again.
- Pour filling into prepared pie pan.
- Layer the top crust over the pie and crimp the edges to seal.
- Mix the egg yolk with the water to make your egg wash.
- Brush it across the top of the pie crust.
- Sprinkle granulated sugar on the top.
- Bake for about 40-50 minutes until the filling is bubbly and the bottom crust is golden brown.
- Cool at least 20 minutes.