St. Simons Island is an ideal vacation destination due to its luxurious accommodations and natural beauty. Whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway or an exciting family outing, the island has something for everyone. Many of the island’s hotels offer stunning suites with magnificent views of the ocean, as well as spa treatments and other amenities.
Here are four of our favorites:
The Cloister on Sea Island:
In 1928, automobile magnate Howard Coffin, opened the Cloister Hotel that was nicknamed the “Little Friendly Hotel” and turned over its management to his cousin, Alfred W. Jones. Upon Howard Coffin’s death in 1937, A. W. Jones inherited the property, along with other tracts of nearby coastal land owned by the Sea Island Company.
From its beginnings, the Cloister was a success, attracting a variety of “Roaring Twenties” luminaries. When President Calvin Coolidge decided to spend his Christmas holidays on Sea Island in 1928, the new hotel gained national attention. Promoted as a quiet, worry-free escape, as opposed to some of the high-energy resorts in Florida, the Cloister appealed to businessmen, politicians, and celebrities, including New York Mayor Jimmy Walker, Edsel Ford, John D. Rockefeller Jr., Eddie Rickenbacker,
Renowned for its sophisticated, yet cozy atmosphere the Cloister offers impeccable service and luxurious amenities.
Here, you can enjoy private beach access on one of the world’s most beautiful islands, or relax by the pool in an intimate setting surrounded by lush gardens. The hotel’s charming resort rooms, suites and villas provide an ideal retreat to unwind after a day of exploration. With multiple dining options, spa services and nearby activities for all ages, the Cloister hotel in Sea Island, Georgia offers something for everyone. Whether you are looking for an unforgettable beach getaway or a peaceful weekend escape, this historic hotel is sure to please.
The King and Prince Beach & Golf Resort:
From sensational ocean vistas to poolside escapes, The King and Prince Resort features premier oceanside suites and charming resort-style guest rooms, beach villas and resort residences. Choose from just under 200 units designed for your comfort and specific needs.
- Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, ECHO is the island’s only oceanfront restaurant. From shrimp and grits to Atlantic grouper, our signature grill and bar specializes in traditional Southern plates with refined coastal flavor, complementing its setting flawlessly.
- Cool off at The Cottage Custard + Coffee with a cone of frozen custard, or grab a fresh cup of Wake Up Coffee. Located in the former Wesley Cottage, this is a go-to for sweet selections and vacation essentials, featuring a large fire pit and sitting area for guests to enjoy on the lawn, as well as a castle playground for the kids.
- Open seasonally, the poolside Sea Shack Bar + Bites is the perfect summer spot for lighter fare and grab-and-go dining options, including burgers, salads, and sandwiches. Plus, enjoy a refreshing menu of cocktails, mocktails, craft beer, and wine.
- Three Outdoor Swimming Pools
- Hot Tub
- Poolside Towel Service
- Oceanfront Dining at ECHO
- The King & Prince Golf Course
- Reduced Green Fees
- Transportation to The King and Prince Golf Course (With Advance Notice)
- 10,000 Square Feet of Flexible Function Space
- Fitness Center
- Two Har-Tru Tennis Courts
- Business Center
- Beach Chairs & Umbrellas for Rental
- Nearby Bicycle Rentals
- Resort Shop
- Seasonal Kid’s Activities
Jekyll Island Club Resort:
Jekyll Island Club Resort takes you back in time to the Gilded Age. Some of the country’s most influential families once retreated to relish in the beauty of Jekyll Island. The hallmark resort of Georgia’s famed Golden Isles, Jekyll Island Club Resort entrances today’s visitors with its storied past. Three distinct resort experiences boasting a medley of timeless elegance and a beach lifestyle.
Enjoy enchanting and expansive grounds, six dining outposts, two pools, beach access, and the ultimate chance to disconnect. Immerse yourself in the Island’s distinctive culture and the Club’s rich history.
The Lodge on Little St. Simons Island:
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Island,_Georgia, https://www.jekyllclub.com/, https://www.kingandprince.com/, https://www.littlestsimonsisland.com/about, https://www.goldenisles.com/?utm_source=savannah_hiltonhead_stsimons&utm_medium=media&utm_campaign=general&utm_content=formatted.