Want to try your hand at offshore fishing?
The waters surrounding St. Simons Island are teeming with game fish – the lure for the saltiest of seasoned anglers. Check out any one of the following fishing charter companies. You won’t be disappointed.
1. St. Simons Fishing Center
- (912) 638-7673
- 104 Marina Dr., Saint Simons Island
The St. Simons Fishing Center offers:
- Coastal Kitchen restaurant (for a relaxing drink before/after fishing)
- Meeting your Captain in a safe environment. Restrooms
- 25-ft. Center Console Fishing Boats
- Fish for: King And Spanish Mackerel, Cobia, Barracuda, Amber-jack, Red Snapper, Vermilion Snapper
- Experiences for novice first timer, to the extremely seasoned pro, and especially children.
- Families, individuals, as well as groups and corporate businesses
2. Cap Fendig Tours
- (912) 638-3333
Cap Fendig has been licensed and fishing for over 45 years. Their vessel is the only US Coast Guard certified passenger vessel offering fishing trips out of St. Simons. Fishing is available year-round! Great for families and groups.
Specialized fishing trips are available by a quote which may include:
- Offshore Tarpon (August-September)
- Shark Fishing (March-Nov)
- Tripletail Fishing
- Trout and Bass Fishing (year round)
- Giant Redfish (Sept-Nov)
ALL TRIPS DEPART MORNINGSTAR MARINAS – ST. SIMONS CAUSEWAY
3. Backbone Charters
Our captains has over 30 years of fishing experience, a love for the water and ability to teach even the most inexperienced guests how to fish. Backbone Charters offers a fully-loaded Blackjack256, available for both near shore and inshore tours and charters throughout the year. All ages and all experience levels are welcome. They offer permits, rods, tackle, and can fillet and store your catch free of charge. Ice cold bottled water can be found in our cooler and a catered lunch and/or breakfast from the local legend, Sandcastle Cafe, can be offered for a small fee.
4. Creekside Charters
- (912) 571-6322
- 1000 Arthur J Moore Dr., Saint Simons Island
Creekside Charters is a full time charter fishing service, providing you with experienced St.Simons fishing guides. Owned and operated by Capt.Richard Latham, Creekside Charters offers St,Simons and Jekyll Island fishing charters year-round. We also provide fishing charters for Sea Island and Cumberland Island. Richard has been fishing St.Simons and and the surrounding waters for over 35 years.
5. Coastal Island Charter Fishing
- 206 Marina Dr., St Simons Island
Capt. Ashley Parmelee has been fishing since he was old enough to walk and offers over 30 years experience on the St. Simons coast for all species from backwater to the Gulfstream. He has been featured in many magazine and news articles for his exceptional fishing skills. Capt. Ashley has created a fishing school for local kids to instill great fishing techniques for their future. He has been named St. Simons’ Captain of the year for 2010 because of his amazing way of catching fish anywhere he goes, from inshore to Gulfstream Capt. Ashley is the best!
6. The Georgia Fishing Company
- (912) 617-5577
The Georgia Fishing Company’s group of fishing guides is made of local native fishermen that place customer service above all else. Whether on fly or spin tackle, tailing Redfish or Spinner Sharks, they’re ready to help you meet your goals and make your St. Simons fishing trip a memorable one. Whether you are a seasoned angler, a beginner, or want to do a family fishing trip with your kids, they will make sure to make the most of your trip regardless of your experience level.