Did you know that boating education courses are available in a classroom setting?
The Department of Natural Resources, the United States Coast Guard, or the United States Power Squadrons provide classes in person and online. Some courses have an associated cost, while others may be free. Find the one that suits you best and make sure you are safe on the water!
- DNR Law Enforcement: Click here to search for a Boater Education Event on the GoOutdoorsGeorgia.com.
- The DNR Classroom Boater Education Course is FREE
- US Coast Guard Auxiliary District (Courses may include some cost to cover materials – ask for full details from class contact person before enrolling)
- Brunswick Flotilla
- Savannah Flotilla
- St. Mary’s Flotilla
- Find a Class close to your local Flotilla.
United States Power Squadrons, public boating courses, advanced courses, and seminars:
- Golden Isles Sail and Power Squadron, Check this website for boating safety classes, seminars, and on the water training near the southern Georgia Coast.
- Tybee Light Sail and Power Squadron, Check this website for boating safety classes, seminars, and on the water training near the Savannah/Richmond Hill coast.
- Take a Georgia Boater Education course and receive a pass from US Army Corps of Engineers
Click here for details on the Georgia Boater Education course.
- Boat-Ed 1-800-830-2268 ($29.50 Don’t Pass, Don’t Pay)
- Boater Exam 1-877-722-8838 ($29.95 Pay-up-front, unlimited free retries)
- Boat US Foundation 1-800-336-2628 (Free Course)
- Click here for the free Paddle Sports Safety Course.